ONLYCAM is a social media platform allowing age-verified, legal users to share and locate cryptographic assets and traditional adult content, distributed by third-party distributed ledger technology platforms or proprietary services, that can be acquired, viewed, or supported in exchange for subscription, tipping, or barter transactions that we help to initiate for both parties and which are fulfilled by third-party extensions and applications leveraging a distributed ledger.
1. How We Acquire Your Data:
We acquire your data electronically:
- from you directly, in the course of registering for a user account and when we request it additional verification information for necessary purposes, and;
- automatically and indirectly from you in the course of using our website and Services, for example we will collect IP addresses, regional and geographical information pertaining to usage of the Service, browser types, third-party applications used to interface with distributed ledger technology, and similar anonymized or automatically collected usage information, as well as using cookies to track user sessions as permitted, and other usage data and related analytical information, and;
- from third-party extensions, applications, services, and entities.
In any case, there is a distinction between your private, personal information and anonymized data. We only collect, retain, use, and track personal information directly relevant to fulfilling our obligations as a service provider.
We will collect anonymized data and usage information, at our discretion, in accordance with permitted law and obligations and in the pursuit of best business practice.
2. What Data We Collect:
We collect identifying information, and any personal information necessary to satisfy KYC/AML (Know Your Customer and Anti-Money Laundering) laws and regulations, as applicable.
- This will include your account username, full real name, personal alias, address, city, state, province, or country of residency, postal information, and any other identifying information;
- Verification information, and related documentation or information, such as driver’s license or driver’s license number, passport, social security or social insurance number, or other similar identifying information;
- Personal professional or employment information;
We collect whatever information, data, or media you upload, post, or share to our website in or through the use of our Services, including but not limited to photo and video in 2D or 3D, VR media, audio, livestream material, data, metadata, text, and any other media that you might submit to us, pursuant to these Terms and in the course of carrying out our business.
At this time, we do not share any categories of personal information, as defined by California Consumer Records statue, with any third parties, with the exception of what is necessary to share with third party applications and extension for facilitating transactions or services, such as MetaMask, or as otherwise required by law or contractual obligations contained in our Terms of Service, such as with a third party KYC (Know Your Customer) identity and age verification services.
3. How We Use Your Data:
We strive to provide an efficient and useful service, with tasteful, lawful, and ethical content delivery in a respectful social media environment, and to adapt readily and swiftly to shifting market conditions, legislative and regulatory requirements, and other unforeseen circumstances. To do so we collect, anonymize, and analyze user information to satisfy the following business and commercial practices:
- Develop, operate and maintain our website and Services;
- Enforce our Terms of Service and any parts constituent to them;
- Comply with any and all applicable laws and regulations, and any valid requests by authorized law enforcement agencies;
- Facilitate user account creation and registration, and the verification of personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, for both Users and Creators;
- Secure your account and provide alternative access methods in the event of a password loss;
- Perform general administrative and management functions to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of our operations and Service;
- Identify who is, and is not, a legitimate user of our Service;
- To protect the rights, interests, and property, including intellectual property, of third-parties including our own users, as necessary and appropriate;
- Communicate with users of our Service, including but not limited to a user account, provided email address, or any other contact information provided as necessary in the pursuit of business practice or satisfying a valid request from an authorized law enforcement agency;
- Respond to inquiries, support requests, or to validate the identity of a third-party representative, using alternative means of communication as provided for in your account preferences or provided personal information;
- Market, promote, advertise, as well as provide news updates, announcements, and other information to our users as permitted by law, including but not limited to email newsletters, promotional campaigns, and other concerted marketing efforts;
- Perform any auditing of transactions initiated on or through the Service in relation to any user of our Service;
- Protect the Service, and users of the Service, from unauthorized misuse of the Service or from violations of these Terms;
- Perform our own quality assurance, quality control, and debugging as we deem appropriate in the course of normal business operations;
- Detecting, preventing, and securing against security threats, breaches, and malicious behavior, including concerted denial of service attacks, malware, viruses, counterfeit or false information or representation, bots, scammers, phishers, and any illegal or unethical behavior;
- Facilitate or provide access to third party distributed ledger technology for our users and affiliates, which may in turn facilitate asset exchange, financial transactions, or other third party services governed by the Terms of Service and Privacy Policies of those relevant extensions, applications, and technologies.
4. What Data We Share and With Whom:
We only share your personal data where absolutely necessary, and only according to all relevant laws and regulations, and taking consideration of the trust you have provided. As such, we will never share your personal, private, sensitive, or confidential information with any unsuitable third parties.
The information we might share is limited to identifying information, such as usernames, email addresses, blockchain addresses, IP addresses, browser cookies, to the extent they’re necessary, and whatever Media and Content you might elect to share with us.
For example, we might share your wallet address with a distributed ledger-interfacing extension, and we might share your account username with other users, but we will not arbitrarily share your wallet address with other users publicly -- you may always elect in your account preferences to share that information yourself, if we provide you with the ability to do so. If you have any questions or concerns about what information we share and with who, please see the final section of this Policy, concerning How To Contact Us.
We will only ever share your information with the following entities, and only to the extent necessary:
- Government agencies, regulators, authorities, and law enforcement agencies, as called for by law in applicable jurisdictions;
- Third-party service providers, including but not limited to third-party extensions, applications, software, and interfaces, principally those that facilitate a transaction on the blockchain or distributed ledger technology, including for example MetaMask, or third-party identification and verification services;
- Third-party affiliates of ours, including partners and other entities, as constituted by our broader Terms of Service.
5. How We Protect Data:
We utilize encryption, backups, regular security audits, including pre-auditing of any smart contract code to be provisioned on a distributed ledger, and other industry best practices to ensure the security of our stored data. We may, at our discretion, and from time to time, make use of bounties, auditors, or third-party security analysis or auditing firms to test, evaluate, or provide other feedback on our security practices.
Ultimately no digital safeguards can be verified to be completely secure or provide perfect protection, and while we endeavour to take every precaution we cannot guarantee that our security measures are or will be sufficient or effective at all times. We cannot warrant that the information you provide to us is now secure or will be secure in the future.
6. Your Rights and Choices:
We at ONLYCAM hold ourselves to the highest standards of privacy and data protection, and afford to all users the same rights guaranteed by the EU’s General Data Protections Regulations articles 12-23 (“GDPR”), regardless of jurisdiction. Where we are not legally bound to GDPR compliance in all cases, we will nonetheless hold ourselves to the same high standard wherever commercially feasible.
You may exercise your rights at any time, and we will do our best to action your requests promptly. In any case, we shall give all commercially feasible efforts to ensure compliance with GDPR.
You have at least the following rights:
- Right to Information: You have the right to know everything about our processing of your information, including what information we collect about you, how we collect it, what we do with it and who we share it with, how long it may be stored for, and under what legal basis.
- Right to Rectification: You have the right to ensure that any data we hold is accurate and consistent, and you may request or notify us at any time of inaccurate or incomplete information and how we may rectify it.
- Right to Erasure: You have the right to request deletion of any of your personal data, understanding that this is a termination of your account and forfeiture of your right to use our services. We may not be able to comply with your request if your information is required for legal purposes or by request of relevant authorities. If we cannot ensure your Right to Erasure request, we will attempt to treat it as a Right to Restriction of Processing.
- Right to Restriction of Processing: You have the right to request we restrict how we process some or all of your personal data in a particular way. We will satisfy these requests to the extent that we are able and required to do so, and will generally avoid doing anything with restricted data but storing it as required.
- Right to Data Portability: You have the right to request that we transfer to you any personal data which you have optionally consented to providing, in a format that it may be delivered to another provider, or otherwise stored, at your discretion.
- Right to Object: You have the right to object to any direct marketing, and we will act promptly if you object to any direct marketing. In any case, our direct marketing efforts will include methods to object, unsubscribe, opt-out, or otherwise end further direct marketing efforts.
- The Right to Avoid Automated Decision-Making: You shall have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects concerning you or similarly affects you. At this time we do not employ automated decision making that impacts your rights. If we do start using Automated Systems in the future, this section will be updated accordingly.
Further, you may have rights afforded by California Customer Records law, including to request that we provide you with a list of any and all categories of personal information that we have provided to third-parties and for direct marketing in the last calendar year.
We do not sell to any third parties or direct marketers any categories of personal information. Note that while we can delete customer information and data held by us, we have no control over any data hosted using distributed ledger technology. This means any content minted to the blockchain as a digital asset is outside our control, whether it has been purchased or resold by a third party or not.
Blockchain-enabled content cannot be destroyed, and your rights cannot be extended to such digital assets directly.
7. How To Contact Us:
Notwithstanding the above, we may provide additional guidance on our understanding, definition, and interpretation of this Creator Policy through other means and channels as we see fit, including in particular through official technical and customer support channels and published memoranda, in addition to modifications to this Policy and these Terms.
We will endeavour to provide forthright and clear guidance on how best to use, and avoid the misuse of, our Service. If you have any questions or concerns about these Terms or the Creator Policy, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or through other official support channels.